Peter A. Mellema, M.D.
Dr. Mellema monitors and treats a wide array of eye conditions including cataracts, glaucoma, eye infections, macular degeneration, and also performs routine eye exams.
Dr. Mellema was the first in the Northland to implement the Ellex laser for floater treatment in 2013. Since then he has performed hundreds of these procedures.
Dr. Mellema has performed thousands of cataract surgeries. He is trained and certified in the Catalys laser system for laser-assisted cataract surgery. He utilizes the latest lens technology including toric astigmatism correcting lenses and multifocal implants.
He enjoys spending time with his family, playing guitar, reading, fishing, and numerous other hobbies.
- Bethel University, Biology Major
- University of Minnesota Medical School, M.D.
- Hennepin County Medical Center, Medical Internship
- University of Minnesota, Ophthalmology Residency
- Cataract surgery
- Refractive surgery
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Edina Specialty Surgery Center
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Centennial Lakes Surgery Center
- Phillips Eye Institute