Dorothy J. Horns, M.D.
Dr. Horns practices general, comprehensive, and consultative ophthalmology and ophthalmic surgery. She has been performing surgery and laser surgery for more than thirty years.
Her patients include many multigenerational families who have relied on her skilled, knowledgeable, and compassionate approach to ophthalmic care for many years.
For three decades, Dr. Horns has been on the faculty of the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Minnesota Medical School, and is currently an Adjunct Associate Professor. She has served on multiple professional committees and boards of professional organizations and has taught students in many settings. To help ensure the high quality of future ophthalmologists Dr. Horns serves as an examiner for the American Board of Ophthalmology.
- Harvard University, Magna Cum Laude
- University of Minnesota Medical School, M.D.
- University of California San Francisco, Medical Internship
- Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Ophthalmology
- Graduate Fellowship— Glaucoma /Diseases of the anterior segment
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Honor Medical Society
- Comprehensive eye exams
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Phillips Eye Institute
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Fairview Southdale Hospital